Thank you for visiting the Washington's Lottery (Lottery) website or mobile application (app) and reviewing our Privacy Notice. This Notice addresses collection, use, and security of and access to information that may be obtained through use of Lottery Digital Services (Services), including the website and app. This notice covers the following topics:
· Information Collected and How it is Used
· Personal Information and Choice
· Public Access to Information
· Regarding Certain (Personal/Private) Information Use
· Review and Correction of Personally Identifiable Information
· Cookies and Applets
· Use of Site
· Limitation of Liability
· Contact Information
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
If a player does nothing during their use of Services but browse, read pages, or download information, the Lottery will gather and store limited information about their visit. This information is fully anonymous and does not identify the player personally. The Lottery automatically collects and stores the following information about the player’s visit:
1. The Internet Protocol address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to the player’s Internet service provider or directly to the player’s computer. The Lottery uses the Internet Protocol address to direct Internet traffic to the player. This address can be translated to determine the domain name of the player’s service provider (e.g. xcompany.com or yourschool.edu).
2. The type of device, browser, and/or operating system the player used.
3. The date and time the player visited this website or app.
4. The website pages or services the player accessed at this website or app.
The information the Lottery automatically collects or stores is logged by a contracted vendor and is used by the Lottery to improve the content of the Lottery’s Services and to help understand how people are using the Services. The Lottery analyzes this information to determine how the website or app is being used in order to continually improve the usefulness to the public.
WHAT THE LOTTERY COLLECTS IF THE PLAYER VOLUNTEERS INFORMATION
If during the player’s visit to the Lottery’s website or app the player participates in a survey, sends an email, or performs some other transaction online, the following additional information will be collected:
1. The email address and contents of the email if the player communicates with the Lottery via email.
2. Information volunteered in response to a survey.
3. Information volunteered through an online form for any other purpose.
The Lottery uses the player’s email address to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to the player, to address issues the player may identify, to further improve the Lottery’s website or app, or to forward the email to another agency for appropriate action. Survey information is used to formulate Lottery player demographics and player preferences.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CHOICE
The player may choose whether to provide personal information online. "Personal information" is information about a person that is readily identifiable with that specific individual. Personal information includes such things as an individual's name, address, email address, and phone number. A domain name or Internet Protocol address is not considered personal information.
The Lottery collects no personal information about the player unless they voluntarily provide it by sending an email, participating in a survey, or completing a claim form. The player may choose not to contact the Lottery by email, participate in a survey, or to provide any personal information using a claim form. The player’s choice to not participate in these activities will not impair their ability to use the Lottery’s app, browse the Washington's Lottery’s website, and read or download any information provided on the site.
If personal information is requested on the website or app or volunteered by the player, state law and the federal Privacy Act of 1974 may protect it. However, this information is a public record once the player provides it, and may be subject to public inspection and copying if not protected by federal or state law. If the player believes that their personal information is being used for a purpose other than what was intended when submitted, the player may contact Washington's Lottery Legal Services as shown in the Contact Us section of this website.
The Lottery’s games, Services, website, and app are intended only for adults age eighteen (18) or older. However, players are cautioned that the collection of personal information volunteered by minors online or by mail or email will be treated the same way as information given by an adult, and may be subject to public inspection and copying.
PUBLIC ACCESS TO INFORMATION
All records, including electronic, that are in the custody of the Lottery are subject to the Washington State Public Records Act, chapter 42.56 RCW. The Lottery complies fully with the Public Records Act.
REVIEW OF CERTAIN (PERSONAL/PRIVATE) INFORMATION USE
The Lottery may request the player to provide certain personal information in order to identify player demographics or establish a player information base. The information is requested in order to identify Lottery players' preferences or opinions. The player may choose not to provide this information and there are no consequences to doing so.
REVIEW AND CORRECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The player can review any personally identifiable information the Lottery collects about the player by using the information in the Contact Us section in this website. The player may recommend changes to their personally identifiable information they believe to be inaccurate by submitting an email with a daytime telephone number where they can be contacted. The Lottery will take reasonable steps to verify the player’s identity before granting access or making corrections. RCW 43.41A.140
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATIVE TO WASHINGTON'S LOTTERY "MY LOTTERY 360°"
MY LOTTERY 360° IS LIMITED TO ONE PLAYER PER ACCOUNT.
When the player registers for the Services, they represent and warrant that:
· The player is eighteen (18) years of age or older and are not barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Washington.
· The player will provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about themselves as prompted by the registration form for the Services, including their true full legal name and date of birth.
· The player will maintain and promptly update the registration information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
If the player fails to comply, or if the Lottery has reasonable grounds to suspect that the player has failed to comply, with any portion of the registration obligations, representations, or warranties described herein, the player will not be eligible to receive prizes from the Lottery, and the Lottery will have the right to suspend or terminate the player’s registration and to refuse any and all current or future use of the Services.